A common misconception is that trying to sell a home during the holidays is a bad idea. If you are serious about selling, it can be an excellent time to list. During the holidays buyers are more serious. They have a different motivation like using vacation time to search for property. They're doing that because they have to buy, rather than want to buy. Remember Thanksgiving and Christmas is one day a piece not two months.
10 reasons why you should list your home during the holidays
1. Most November and December buyers are particularly serious and very likely facing some sort of deadline.
2. January is the biggest transfer month of the year and job transferee’s use the holidays to house hunt.
3. Many people want to buy before the end of the year for financial and tax reasons. Investors usually want to close escrow by year-end for tax purposes.
4. Most sellers wait until spring or summer to list their home. This means that during the winter months your property will have far less competition versus any other time of the year.
5. Homes show well when decorated for the holidays creating a sense of family and people are much more emotionally drawn to the house, emotion sells.
6. Many people take vacation around the holidays allowing more time to look for a home.
7. Remodeling, decorating, appliance installation and other services are more available and at less of a premium.
8. There is plenty of mortgage money available for buyers.
9. Lenders aren't as busy and can process loans faster.
10. Showings will be fewer and less intrusive, but more likely to be fruitful with motivated, qualified buyers.
Visit my website if you are thinking of selling your home.
Tags: ludlow vermont real estate, okemo real estate, irene gaffigan